Success depends upon great ideas, carried out well and at the right time.
Let's start by clearly describing what it is we want to:
- do (how we want to go about this)
- get (what we hope to gain with this)
- build (what we will have, when done)
Let's look at the easiest, yet best way to organise this.
Process: How it works, turning work into benefit.
Client: Who needs this, how they benefit, and the 'value proposition' for them.
Sustainability: How this will keep itself running, growing, and benefitting its people.
Resources: Describe how much time, money, skill, or labour will be vital in actually delivering this.
Process: When we have truly good process, we can repeat them on each of the simple (see Basics #1) things we need to do. Looping through them in order of priority allows us to learn one small thing and infinitely re-use it to simply get what we need.
Success requires us to monitor our progress toward the goal and adjust as necessary.
- Progress toward the goal, in measurable steps, within allocated resources.
- Achievability enables us to change quickly, when things are not working as needed.
- Value is where the outcome is worth more than the investment costs.
Let's move on...